This resource guide is a limited list. Please refer back frequently because we will continue to update:
My Story Resources
- A trusty legal pad and favorite pens
- Microsoft Word
- Apple Pages
- Google Docs (enables docs to be shared)
- Scrivener (for the serious writer)
Tools For Inspiration
- Grammarly (auto checks your writing – free version with Google Chrome)
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation (free and easy to look up specific grammar questions)
- Start With Why? Simon Sinek’s excellent Ted Talk on finding your “why”
- How to Use Dictation on an iPhone
- How to Transcribe Audio Fast and for Free Using Google Docs Voice Typing
- Temi – Transcription Service starting at $0.10 per minute, 90-95% Accuracy.
- Rev – Transcription Service starting at $1 per minute, 99% Accuracy.
- Passing on a Written Legacy by Lana Rockwell (a straight forward guide to those who are writing their life journey. Lots of practical information for the first-timer.
- You Must Write a Book by Honoree Corder (a practical guide for those who want to publish and create a revenue stream)
- Finish – Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff (a quick and humorous read filled with wisdom on setting realistic goals that you can actually achieve)
- MyHopeToYou.org: a self-contained writing solution. Includes software, formatting and hardback cover when published
- Shutterfly.com: Offers many different options.
- SnowFallPress.com: designed to be a low-cost solution with limited customer service. For the self-publishing writer.